Thermal Safe Sectional Overhead Door
The door features the best values in terms of air permeability classification – class 4, the first to date on the sectional door market, and superior U value.
There is little doubt that there is an increasing demand for improved thermal performance in a sectional door. In meeting this challenge effectively, one must address the thermal conductivity performance (U value) of the door in tandem with the air permeability of the door system. Merely addressing one of these is no longer enough.
However, there is often confusion over true U value performance of an insulated panel and in many cases the panel joints and other areas of cold bridging are not dealt with properly, or even not included in published U values. This is to say, nothing of air leakage through the side seals, panel joints or top and bottom of the door.
With its door, Indupart has met the challenge on all these aspects through:
– panel joints ensure a proper Thermal break in the joint, eliminating cold bridges, and an enhanced air leakage seal performance
– Patented side seal offering improved Thermal performance and air leakage reduction
– endcaps to ensure no cold bridging through the sides of the door
– top and bottom profile to ensure no cold bridging through the top and bottom of the door
The result? Class 4 air permeability value, the first to date on the sectional door market.
What is the air-permeability of a sectional door?
Air-permeability is simply the amount of airflow, which can pass through the door leaf, in principle through the panel joints, the sides, the top and bottom of the door. To truly improve the thermal performance of a sectional door, one must take into account both: the U value of the door as a whole, and its air-permeability performance.
Indupart has achieved this in its new product:
– The Thermal safe door
Thermalsafe panel (40 mm) achieving the best values in terms of energy efficiency (U value) thanks to:
– The panel joints design (duo-shell panel concept with a double sealing system, eliminating cold bridging)
– A unique range of Thermal safe
– A unique range of Thermal safe needs components
Improve both thermal and air permeability aspects
– Vs 60mm panels where thermal bridges remain and no improvement is done on air permeability reduction.
Do not generate double stock issues
– Versus 60mm panels
– Versus Need to stock an additional Hardware range
Do not generate accessories issues
– Vs 60mm panels and hardware where no handles, windows, lock, pass-door, full vision panel, are available to customize your door.
– Without major door cost increase and, most importantly, without doubling the stock of panels and hardware, the new thermal safe
Improve the classification (EN12426) of Indupart Sectional Overhead Doors from class 2 to class 4 (From 12 to 3m3/m2*h of air losses through the installed door)