How to Measure A Spring Wire Diameter
Another thing our team are always being asked is, how do you measure a spring wire diameter, there are two ways to measure a wire diameter of a spring.
Version 1 – No Wire Gauge
- Place your spring on the side.
- Locate the cut of the wire.
- Place your tape measure and place it on the end of the spring (missing out the wire cut)
- Count 10 wires in and measure the length.
- For example if it measures 75mm the wire diameter is 7.5.
Version 2 – Wire Gauge
- Get an Indupart wire gauge by clicking here this will measure from 4.5 to 11.5.
- Take one of the blades and place it onto the wire.
- Keep repeating this with other blades until you find the one that fits perfectly.